Savoury feta & scallion scones
- 2.5 - 3 cups organic all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 150 grams milkhouse feta
- 115 grams/4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup whole milk or cream
- 1 large egg
- For the egg glaze (optional), beat together 1 egg + 2 tbsp milk or cream.
Heat oven to 400 F.
Combine 2.5 cups flour, baking powder & salt in large bowl.
Add cheeses & scallions. Toss until combined.
Beat milk (or cream) with egg. fold into dry ingredients until a soft dough forms. Add more flour if needed.
On floured surface gently pat dough into a 1” thick circle.
Cut into 8-12 wedges & place on parchment lined tray. Brush with egg glaze if using.
Bake 20-25 minutes until golden. Cut into wedges & enjoy!